Sep
27
Bible Study& K.W.A.M.
7.30pm
Oct
1
Sunday School
9.00am
Oct
1
Worship Service
10.00am
Oct
4
Bible Study& K.W.A.M.
7.30pm

Holy Temple COGIC
South Toms River, NJ

 

Holy Temple COGIC, South Toms River, New Jersey is a church whose foundation is built upon Jesus Christ and prayer.  The church evolved from a prayer meeting which began sometime in the late 1930s and early 1940s.  The heart’s desire of these humble prayer warriors was to see the gospel of Jesus Christ preached and souls set free.

 

The first location of Holy Temple was 12 Fourth Street, South Toms River, NJ with Mother Plant and Mother Hismark.  Other Mothers of the church were Mother Harvey, Mother Griffin, Mother Swift, and Mother Vickers. 

 

From this prayer band the membership of Holy Temple COGIC began to grow and flourish.  Eventually, the membership purchased their first parcel of land for the location of the church.

 

Sometime in 1946, Elder Dodges was appointed as Pastor of Holy Temple COGIC.  Soon after Elder Dodges, the pastorship was passed on to Elder Ware. Later during the 1950s, Elder John Moore was appointed as Pastor of Holy Temple COGIC and continued in this office until the late 1970s.

 

In 1976, Elder David C. Graham was temporarily sent to South Toms River, New Jersey to assist Pastor Moore while he recuperated and in 1979, Bishop Smith appointed Elder Graham as Pastor of this church.

 

Under the leadership of Pastor Graham, a new 10,000 square foot edifice was built in 1982. Holy Temple continues to thrive spiritually through fasting, prayer, obedience and sacrifice to fulfill the divine mandate. Our church will continue to be used in the ministry of reconciliation, winning lost souls to Jesus Christ and delivering men and women, boys and girls from spiritual bondage.

 

Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15 (KJV)